Sunday, June 24, 2007

Smile for the camera

Last week was probably one of the busiest weeks I have experienced. Of the eight families that are in Lesotho there were only three of us working last week. Furloughs, deputation and vacations had taken everyone else out of the picture. So Tim and I had the task of doing all of the flying for a week. We had Ron from MAF in Nampa come to take new video footage for MAF as well. We had a great time and he was able to join us on a lot of flights to the mountains...
On Friday I flew a "corpse" as the Basotho call it to the mountain village of Nkau. I was hoping to hear more of the story about who had died. Upon arriving at Nkau and unloading the casket two young men were at the plane and I asked them who had died. It was a 14 year old girl who had meningitis and TB. Last week we flew her to Maseru to go to the hospital and after three days she died. The men who collected her then had a long journey ahead of them to carry her up the mountain to the village she was from.
I wish I had some pictures for you of my busy week, but Leslie wants the camera for pictures of the kids at home and I want it to take pictures out in the mountains. We usually end up trying to compromise a little bit.

No comments: