Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Busy week

Hello – Well it’s about time for an update on our arrival and first few weeks in Lesotho. As you can imagine, we are keeping busy here in Maseru. Here is a brief update of the last couple of weeks.

- May 17th we arrived in Lesotho about 3:30 PM. (6:30 AM in Flagstaff for those of you who always calculate the local time). At 4 we left and took Evi to the Baylor clinic. She ended up with a bout of pinkeye and her eyes were so crusty it was hard for her to open them. We spent the next few days unpacking and trying to get the kids and us adjusted to the time difference. There has been lots of unpacking, cleaning and projects around the house that had to be completed.

- May 28th I returned to work. I had Monday to get organized at the hanger and prepare to begin my flight review so that I could start flying again.

- May 29th I started to fly with Dave Lepoidivan (MAF pilot from Mozambique). We finished up my flight check and spent the rest of the day and the next day doing some airstrip checkouts and new airstrips I haven’t been to yet. Leslie and two other MAF’ers were all extremely sick with a 24 flu bug. Leslie was able to find someone to watch the kids so that she could rest and I could go fly. (Thanks Tonya and Barb!!) After work the US Embassy here in Maseru was also having a welcome back reception for Evi. Leslie couldn’t come, but it was well attended by embassy staff and the missions community.

- May 31st I was volunteered to complete month end paperwork, I worked most of the day at it but I am still not done. Our printer is not working so I can’t finish until it is fixed.

- June 1st My first operational flight with MAF since I last flew in August over 9 months ago. Praise the Lord!!! We have a lot of work to do and are short on staff and airplanes to get it all done.

- June 6th & 7th I was down with the flu. Leslie was taking care of me and the kids.




No comments: