Sunday, May 18, 2008

Crime Triangle

Lately there have been a large number of robberies, muggings, etc around Maseru. Last week the U.S. Embassy hosted a meeting in which several people shared their thoughts and concerns of the current situation. Two leaders of the Lesotho Police force shared for a while and spoke of a specific high crime area in Maseru.
In one corner you have the China Garden Restaurant, in the other you have the World Food Program headquarters, and the final corner in the Peace Corps house. This area was referred to several times. I took this map off of Google Earth showing these three locations. If you look at the map there is one house right in the middle of this triangle. You guessed it that is where Leslie and I live. The only building right in the middle of this triangle.
About two weeks ago we were finally able to get a couple of Labrador's. They have been great and are excellent with kids. Please keep praying for our family and for our friends who have been personally affected by violence in Lesotho.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Dear Danny and Leslie,
I found your website when I googled crime in Lesotho, as I am considering doing some work with another ministry in Lesotho, although it is not in Maseru. Your photograph of the crime triangle caught my attention, and I suspect that it is no accident that you are in the middle of this crime triangle. I have noted that you posted this over a year ago!! Anyway, you may be there because God has placed you in the middle of this place, giving you authority over that area. Have you ever considered praying to break the stronghold of crime over that area? It may have far reaching consequences for the nation as a whole. The fact that the activity is around WFP, Peace Corps, and the Chinese restaurant is a real red light for me!! WFP, PC generally try to bring life to a place right? While the Chinese in Africa have a terrible reputation for exploitation, and often their business's are a front for crimes (I may be wrong!!)

Anyway, please feel free to ignore this comment - I am a total stranger after all and your dogs may have sorted out your problem!

God Bless you

Kathryn (South African in ministry in Hong Kong)

Oscar said...


I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com