Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thlanyaku, Lesotho

Sometimes you get the chance to go and use the airplane just to do something fun. Earlier this month I had the chance to go and pick up Dr. Jen from Thlanyaku on a Saturday. Instead of going straight to the mountains and back I thought it would be fun to take Evi and one of our new pilots Justin with me and enjoy a nice morning in the mountains of Lesotho. Justin and I both have Radio Controlled model gliders that we took with us. Actually I just built mine and it (or myself) has ever flown before. Here are some pics of our day in the mountains. It was a lot of fun and kind of funny that we took a real airplane to fly somewhere where we could fly our toy planes. Because I was on call for emergencies we used a satellite phone to make sure there were no emergencies while we were out playing.