Saturday, September 1, 2007

August 31st, 2007

One year ago today at 10:15 in the morning marks one year since the accident at Ladies Bible Study. So how do you mark something such as that? I truly have no idea, other than to praise God for how Evi's life was spared and the celebrate the fact that she is running, playing, climbing like any three year old should be able to do.
I took Friday off of work so that we could spend the day as a family. We didn't do anything exciting and mostly we just hung out around the house playing with the kids. We want to thank all of you who played a vital part in supporting us as a family this last year. But unfortunately most of you are in America and we are in Africa. So a thank you via e-mail or this blog will have to suffice.
We have been working on some special projects around the house. The best thing Evi can do is keep physically active and this will help her in her mobility, balance, strength and general comfort in her new foot. Because this is not Dallas and I can't walk around the corner to take the kids to a nice playground I have to build one myself. And I am going all out. Wood is a little pricey here (Think over $50 for a sheet of plywood), I am using every last bit of wood that I can from our crates that we shipped our belongings in. I also purchased a slide and will make a swing, climbing wall, ladder, and other things for her to do.
Evi and I have also been making some "Water Rockets". Its some cheap entertainment and she loves the see how high the rockets go. Although her request for our rocket to go to the starts has not yet been fulfilled we are trying to make it go as high as we can. Although I must say that I am enjoying this as well, and trying lots of designs to see how high it will go.
Once again you see that there are no current photos. Sorry for the continued delay. But I know have word that my camera is repaired and is back in Flagstaff. So it should be mailed off soon and I can have it in a couple of weeks. I will then update with some photos of our rockets, jungle Gym and the family...
Thanks for praying.
The Hulls Fsmily

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi guys!
Just checking in on y'all...so grateful for this blog! :) My heart squeezes with y'all over the one year anniversary of the accident. Ours was in July and I did a post on that...it felt good to talk about what we've lost and what we've gained and learned. God is good and He spared both our girls, we have much to be thankful for. Reading the article in your paper was SO neat, they did a great job! The pictures and the little interview were so moving, I cried right through it. At any point I can think back and feel like it happened yesterday. God has been so faithful all along, even in the times it didn't look like it. I would just love our girls to meet one day, so that they can know they are not the only ones with special legs/feet!! :D
Much love to you all,
Kari for us 4